How to shed fat for calisthenics?

Calisthenics Community Forums Nutrition All Diets How to shed fat for calisthenics?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  the_dane 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

the_dane
    Participant
    • Topic Started: 3
    • Replies: 2

Iw ant to shed some weight to get a bit lighter (to help with cali moves ) but I want to only lose fat while maintaining muscle.

I train pretty hard and I move alot during the day but I’m still seem to remain a bit chubby. I dont really follow a diet at the moment but I try to eat healthy but nw I want to get ripppedd lol.

Any advice or good diets?

alexg
    Participant
    • Topic Started: 5
    • Replies: 8

Hi Dane

I hear ya. I dropped about 10kg before I started cali and it helped a lot, I felt super light which helped with picking up moves quickly.

What helped me was having a very strict diet (with cheat meals once or twice a week). If you know exactly what’s going into your body you know what to adjust to gain, lose etc. My diet currently looks like this and it helps me shed weight gradually without losing muscle:

9am – oats

12pm – small meal or meal replacement shake and some fruit (30g protein, 15g carbs

4pm – can of tuna

5.30pm – 2-4 boiled eggs

TRAINING

8pm – Chicken + veg + rice

Snacks – low carb protein bars, protein yogurt, protein peanut butter, fruit.

This diet is pretty easy for me to manage, I cook my dinners on sunday and freeze them so I dont have to cook or do dishes during the week.

It’s pretty low carb, high protein and I find myself losing fat without losing muscle while I’m on it. It’s also right at my maintenance level, so if I want to gain I can add some extra chicken to the diet, or if I want to lose I can just cut down on snacks or reduce the amount of rice and oats.

I found that the key isn’t so much the diet, but knowing whats going into your body and how its affecting you so you can tweak as needed.

Hope this helps 🙂

the_dane
    Participant

Yeh I think Ill try being a bit more strict for a while (no more late night mcdonalds on the weekend). thanks man I’ll try that!

the_dane
    Participant

Update, tried a diet pretty similar to yours for for the last 10 days and I can can already see a difference. I dropped 2 lbs and seem a bit more defined. But havent lost muscle. I get a bit hungry but I’ve been having salads and vegetables as snacks and drinking more water which takes care of that.

Overall feels good, cant wait to see where this takes me!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.